A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 8 August 2010

I've started to quilt the panel that I dyed, printed, discharge printed, and overdyed a few weeks ago at the Wet n Wild workshop I'm doing with Clair and Leslie of Committed to Cloth. I'm not sure yet how far I'll go with this, it seems at the moment that the more I quilt, the more I feel I need to quilt! I don't want to make that fatal mistake of not knowing when to stop, so I'm taking it in small easy stages. This is just a small section of the overall panel, I'll post a full picture Once I know it's finished. I just love free machine quilting, I could "draw" with my needle and thread all day.                                                                                                                                                                                                       


I've also edited last weeks post, and have made some changes to my Autumn trees piece.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours in this. Don't worry, I am sure that it will tell you when to stop. I like that change that you made in the previous piece. It definitely gives it more depth

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!