A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Wednesday 27th January 2010

Wednesday already!! Such a busy week. I had my sister to stay for the weekend, and on Sunday we took ourselves off to The Royal Academy to see the Van Gogh exhibition. What a treat!  I could go again and again, so much to see, read, digest and simply enjoy. What a man, his art and his letters are something very special. Words cannot describe what I feel about some of his works, especially his later landscapes and wondeful ink sketches. I bought the catalogue which seems to have some reasonable colour reproductions of the pieces displayed, and ofcourse his life story. Plenty to keep me reading for a week or two.

Met up with the ladies from the art group I belong to last evening. We always have so much to share and talk about, food wise as well as art wise. We are seven in number, and enjoy being creative together from drawing, painting and ceramics, to photography and textiles.

We have each been making some art in  matchboxes, mainly in white, one of which we will give to each member. These six matchboxes will then be arranged in a white box frame, giving each of us a piece of art to hang on our walls. What a lovely idea.

Our next combined project is to each produce a piece of textile art, 6"x8", and themed "The Sea". Some of us have exchanged fabrics and threads, to give some continuity to the finished panel. The seven pieces will be put together with sashing, then sandwiched and backed with wadding and some suitable "sea" type fabric, before being bound and quilted. We are hoping to raffle the finished hanging for charity.

2 comments:

  1. Good grief Cath, wher do you find the time for all you do, I am so envious of your 36 hour days!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!