As usual, and in my haste, I neglected to take any photos of these experimental collages before I added the paint! The above double spread, and the page on the left below, were made on some blank pages that I added to the book I made from my blue pages, (here). Strips were cut from magazine images, and I chose a variety of coastal views, with a couple of Eastbourne, including the pier with red poppies in the foreground. I had mixed up the images, but somehow, they didn't seem to gel or work together, so out came the white acrylic paint, and a roller! I needed to keep the theme of 'coast', and I also wanted to keep the red poppy images in the foreground. After completing the page on the right, I decided to simplify further for the image on the left.
Above left, I had woven the strips of coastal images together, but again decided to roll over some white/blue paint, before collaging images of the shells. I took the patterns from the shells onto the background, to add more interest, and to try and meld the shells into the background. The page on the right, and below were made by combining text with collage, and I also used some of my own stamps to add interest to the two narrow pages above right.
Above is the reverse of the cut out text, but it gives quite an interesting view of the page underneath!
I tried to use newsprint to build up the coastal image above, and added some paint to the collage. I also copied a Haiku underneath the image, and a phrase that I came across onto some tracing paper on the right.
The collaged pansies above have also had some painted flower heads added, with the Haiku copied onto the last part of the concertina book
To finish off this post is another experimental piece, and here I have collaged crumpled up white tissue paper onto a piece of mountboard, and then added the paint after the glue was dry. It reminds me of looking through a bramble hedge to a sunset behind.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you have enjoyed this post!