A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 23 January 2016

Practise makes perfect, (I hope!)


A lino cut print of a tree I can see from my upstairs window.


Three birds were added after the first print, to give the image 'life'.


Then I made another lino cut, where I decided to try and make a reverse image. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to get the lines fine enough!


I played around with it a bit more, printed again, then added lots more twiggy branches with a paintbrush dipped into the printing ink. Is this 'cheating' I wonder?


An attempt at one of my crows, although someone else who saw it thought it was a chicken! ha ha ha, I suppose it does look a bit like one.


Then I had a go at a two colour print. These are all just experimental you understand. (My excuse for the failures!) But hey, who knows, if I keep practising, you know what they say about that.


There are so many cranes on the skyline these days, I decided I had to have a go at trying another lino cut using them as inspiration. Again, I found trying to get fine lines very difficult, bit I'm also using very small pieces of lino, so maybe I need to try and work larger. My eventual plan is to be able to print some good images onto cloth, and then to stitch into them.



Finally, I am dedicating this post to my dear husband who lost a long and hard fought battle this last week. He is now at peace. Rest well my lovely man.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!