A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 10 April 2011

Magnolia blossoms, cats and Magpies!






Two Cats
 

Two for Joy
 
Magnolia in blossom are one of my favourite trees in spring. I photographed this one today in a local park. It has been wonderfully warm, hot even over the last week or so, and everything is bursting with fresh spring green growth. I just hope that we don't suffer any night time frosts to spoil it all!
These two pieces were commissioned by a friend, they are both paper laminated, appliqued and heavily free motion machine stitched with some hand stitching on 'Two for Joy'.
                               

3 comments:

  1. Love cats - and magpies (especially fun when they tease the cats!) - and really love these two pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat once caught a magpie but was immediately mobbed by several others and so retreated with as much dignity as he could muster! Love the commissioned pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like 'Two for Joy' - could look at it with pleasure for ages!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!