A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 19 September 2010

Lamination Blues!

My second attempt at paper lamination. This time I hand painted ovals, circles and spirals onto the surface of the organza. When finished, I layered the organza over some cotton fabric that I had started to cover with blue scraps and green leaf shapes. It was a piece that I had started, but that wasn't going well. As a backdrop for the paper laminated organza though, it was perfect. I have machine quilted around the circles and spirals etc, and also added some hand stitching in some of these shapes. I may do more, as they are beginning to take on a rather pleasing 'fossilised' appearance!

2 comments:

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!