A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday, 5 July 2015

Lavender, Maps and Anniversaries.



Bird's eye view of Lavender Fields. I've gone full circle with my map theme, and seem to have come back to this!


I had lots of trial pieces for my Lavender Fields triptych, (scroll down), so I've chopped them up and made a selection of cards.



                                                                                 

Finally, above is another experimental map piece, but it wasn't working so I put it aside.


Then today, I decided to paint it over with white gesso. The stitching was still visible, so I used a selection of paints, inktense pencils and permanent coloured felt pens to colour between the stitching. I added more stitch, and then as it was our 45th anniversary yesterday (sapphire), I couched a grid in blue knitting wool to create 45 equal squares, symbolising our 45 very colourful and happy years together for my July journal quilt.

On that 'cheesy' note I'll thank you for reading once again!