A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Friday 20 June 2014

Yet more of those moths, 'lurking' in the shadows!!



Yet another 'moth' piece, this one is 'Moth and Bird'


Above is the piece that had the white moth. Well, no more! I decided to colour it in, and knock back the background with paint and crayons. I much prefer it now.


This is something that I started about a year ago, mostly stitched by hand. I've finished it off this week by adding a little machine stitching, and appliqueing some standing stone shapes, so of course, it's now called 'Standing Stones'.





Three more brooches, which I'm also hoping to sell.

I feel as though I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment, probably partly because I had a break from being creative while my daughter was here for about 6 weeks. It's also a form of therapy for me so that I don't miss her too much!

Maybe still a few more 'moths' lurking in the shadows, so apologies if you're not as fond of them as I am!!!




6 comments:

  1. I love moths so really enjoy seeing your pieces. Have you seen the work of Annemieke Mein? Lovely to see you being so prolific and I'm sure that the brooches will sell easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggi, I love moths too, and I have seen the work of Annemieke Mein, but I've not looked for a while, so thanks for the reminder of her beautiful work.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Cath. I particularly like Moth and Bird. They'll fly out of the gallery if you put them up for sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tessa, I've put four up on the following website, http://galleribba.com/ so I'm hoping for at least one sale on there! I may frame a couple up for the Corner Gallery at Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Lovely pieces and gorgeous colours of the brooches.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!