In chapter 5 of the Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, she suggests that we send five postcards to friends or family. I decided it would be nice to send some that I'd made.
In my ufo box I found something that I'd spent quite a bit of time on, but couldn't decide what to do with! Nothing unusual there then!!
Anyway, I decided it was perfect for cutting up into 6"x4" pieces, mounting onto some pelmet vilene, and making into abstract cards.
They are really a mixture of hand and machine stitch, paper lamination, my own dyed and printed fabric, and paint.
Above is a different method, I have used a simple leaf print onto a black cotton background.
Over the weekend, I went for a walkonn our very brief, one day of spring, and took some photos. I've included the one above, because something about it reminds me of the first selection of postcards. I could almost say it was the inspiration for them, but it would be a big fib, as I constructed the cloth about 18 months ago!
Finally, my JQ for April. It will be the last on the theme of seedheads, and I've called this one De-frosted Seedheads. I sprayed, painted, and printed paint through stencils onto the calico background, and then painted on the seedheads with black gutta. I machine quilted around all of the seedheads, and then added the spiders web. I also ironed on some black bonding web to give a crackle effect.
I hope my postcards will be enjoyed by the friends I have sent them to, it felt good to do this, making a change from the quick text messages we seem to rely on these days!
Happy sewing, dyeing, or whatever other creative things you maybe doing this week.