A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 1 December 2011

Lavender Ladies and Hearts









































The two photos at the top of the page show the reverse sides of one Lavender Lady. She has been made from my self printed fabric, and embroidered and embellished, and then stuffed with lavender from my sons garden. The two Lavender ladies below are also hand emboidered and embellished with beads and sequins. They are lovely to hang near a radiator, the warmth helps to extract the florally lavender scent. The alternative is to hang them in a wardrobe to keep the moths away, but it seems a pity not to be able to see them., The hearts below are also stuffed with lavender, and I'm making lots to put into Christmas cards. They can be hung on a Christmas tree, or also hung in a wardrobe, or placed in an undies drawer! Lots of fun to make, and something easy to pick up and stitch whilst watching the TV on these dark winter evenings.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Lovely ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to open a card and find something like this inside. The ladies are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all but especially the lavender ladies, there's so much intricate stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!