A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 5 November 2011

November JQ, and some gallery pieces.


Here is my JQ for November, and I've called it 'Trapped Button' This group of four JQ's has to have a button/buttons included somewhere. It is inspired by yet another of my Dungeness photos, this time of the inside of a very weather worn and derelict Fisherman's shed. There are plenty of them on this part of the Kent coast. I've used self dyed fabrics, some black sheer, vegetable netting, and just a whisper of inktense pencil on the background. I also zig-zagged some black wool around the broken planks of the shed wall, free machine and hand stitch.

The above three images are my latest pieces to make a set of four. The fourth one can be seen in my previous post. They are all now for sale in a local gallery, so fingers crossed that they will sell.

That's it for now folks, enjoy the fireworks and November 5th celebrations!!




Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

  1. Love the journal with the hidden button,fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation for the JQ and your additional pieces for the set are lovely. Is that scrim that you have used for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cath love your work. Just to let you know my exhibition starts at 6.30 till 9pm on this friday. would be great to meet you at lastxxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happened upon your blog while surfing the net a bit. I enjoyed your textile art and experiments so much that I read clear through and back to the beginning. Really like your Journal Quilts--you've really stayed on track with those (admirable!). Your paper lamination is very interesting too. Ok, I like it all!
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came back to really look at this work Cath and it is wonderful. And l hope they sell because they are quite beautifulxxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thought l would let you know how sorry l was not to be there on Sunday. I hope you still like your wall-hanging now you have it home? Haxx Would love to meet up again..are you free any time next week for coffee?x
    lynda

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!