A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

April Journal Quilt

Inspired by aboriginal art. I had a piece of mono printed cotton/silk mix fabric, so I decided to over paint it in sections with silk paint. I added the black and white dots with acrylic paint, and then appliqued the black egg shapes on top. I decorated these with free motion and machine embroidered stitching in white thread, and also added some more white acrylic painted dots. At least these Easter eggs are calorie free!!


For some reason that I don't understand, a large gap has appeared between this post and my previous post. If you want to view my previous posts, please just scroll down the page a bit, and it will appear!! Thanks. ;0)






















































































Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Cath and so seasonal. You certainly are up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning design Cath.where aboriginal meets Pysanky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I could smell chocolate while I was reading your post! Just noticed a bar of it on the table next to me MELTING in the sun. oops.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!