A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 1 October 2017

Detail and Colour

 Just a bit more detail to add to yesterdays post. I decided to make some reduction/abstracted drawings from my razor shell work, and also thought it would be helpful to show the process in a bit more detail.


I placed my 'window' over one of the ink and wash sketches, isolating an area that I then sketched in pen. Result below.


This process was then repeated, and as you will see from the images below, each time there is less and less to draw, until just a few lines remain.




I wondered about using one of these abstracted images as a background for the gull in flight drawing, the result is shown below. I think this could work, but I need to explore the idea a bit more. I like the idea of keeping all the ideas for a finished piece inspired by beach finds.



Above, is my razor shell, and below are my concertina book sketches from yesterdays post, now with some added colour. I think my favourite image so far is the third one down from here, and one that I feel shows some promise for being a starting point for a textile piece.






I had a walk along the seafront this morning, and the sea really was quite wild, with white crested waves. So much inspiration all around, so plenty of ideas for this theme!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!