A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 26 April 2015

Inspired by a bargain!




I chopped up a failed piece of work that I'd made some time ago into postcard sized pieces ( 6" x 4"),  continued to embellish them further with black and gold gutta, and finally more stitch. Then, while out shopping on Friday, I popped into 'The Works', and discovered packs of four canvases, 5" x 7" reduced to £3 per pack!! A bargain too good to ignore, so I bought 2 packs, and decided to use up some of my gelli printed papers to cover them with. Having sealed them with acrylic wax, my postcards seemed to be the perfect finishing touch! They are abstract, so could be hung any which way, separately, or together as in the photos above. I'm considering putting them into my Etsy shop.


Finally finished my Lavender Field Triptych, and I'm quite pleased with how it has turned out. I have linked the three pieces with some stitch, as you can see in the close-ups below, but decided to keep it quite simple. A light scattering of red french knots, (poppies) finishes it off. 







Thanks for joining me, and I hope you've enjoyed this post.


8 comments:

  1. your lavender triptych is really something special. I like your post card sized pieces too, chopping things up can give a whole new look to a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morag. The triptych is being delivered to my local gallery soon, and will be framed ready for sale. This is one of my rare pieces that I will be reluctant to let go of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous again Cath, ohh I do love a bargain, I will have to get someone to see if our Works has any. Love your Postcards and the Triptych is just amazing, you are such a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, and I hope you manage to get hold of some of these canvases, your many beautiful postcards would be ideal for being displayed this way.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Tessa, and I will look forward to seeing one of your gorgeous lavender paintings in the Gorner Gallery.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful as always! Would you be able to bring them for us to look at when you come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, Looking forward to our day, and I'll be bringing it along tomorrow.

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!