A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Tree, Moon Moths and some Flowers.


We went for a walk on Epsom Downs a couple of weeks ago, and this tree looked such a perfect shape, I couldn't resist taking a quick snap. My hope is to you use it in some way in some textile art!


Above is the result of playing around with one of my Gelli prints. It was photographed, laminated onto some voile, stitched and embellished with a bit more paint. Moon Moths!


Brooches for my Etsy shop. These have been made from some of my hand painted fabric, free machine sketched with black thread, coloured with a combination of paint and watercolour pencils, and finally sealed with some glossy sealing varnish. They have been padded out with a layer of wadding wrapped around a plastic template for sturdiness, and then backed with felt and a silver plated brooch pin.








Unfortunately they were too late for Mothers' Day here in the UK, but they would still make a lovely gift for a birthday, or for Mums' Day elsewhere in the world! Why not go take a peek!

Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

  1. Love that tree and your brooches should sell well. Moon moths is so effective. What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggi, Moon Moths is just under A4 size. Keeping my fingers crossed for the brooch sales!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!