A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Friday 21 February 2014

Colour, but without stitch or cloth!


Armed with my new camera, and in the company of a good friend, we made the most of this beautiful sunny day by going for a walk in Coombe Wood, just south of Croydon in Surrey.


My friend, who is an extremely competent and artistically clever photographer, generously shared lots of her tips for creating successful photographic images.


I just love the colour of these beautiful deep pink and lime green flowers. I'm not sure of their correct name, but I've always called them Christmas roses!



With my camera held underneath the blooms, the light shining through the petals really helped to reveal some gorgeous detail.




Such a wonderful shade of blue with the splash of yellow, beautiful miniature Iris.




And of course, one of the first flowers to herald in the promise of spring, the dainty, nodding heads of the snowdrops.


Finally, and one of the reasons why I don't have much stitch to show at the moment, is because of the many preparations I am involved in for our daughters wedding in May. Above is the painting I made for the invitations. Her fiance is a New Zealander, and although they both live there now, will be coming back to the UK for the marriage celebrations. I decided to incorporate the New Zealand fern with an English rose, and it had to be a lavender coloured rose as their colour scheme is lilac/lavender and green. I am also busy stitching the ring cushion, and will shortly be starting on the bridesmaid dress for our granddaughter. A very busy time, but one that I am thoroughly enjoying.

Thanks for looking in, and I hope you are enjoying whatever your creative life is presenting you with at the moment too!


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful invitations you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Cath and great idea for the invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tessa. No time for my art at the moment, the wedding plans have sort of taken over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are beautiful, and isn't it great to get sewing for a wedding

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photography Cath and your design for the wedding is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, It's amazing what a few simple tips with a camera can help to achieve. I must keep it up now though!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!