A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Two contrasting projects.


Not sure yet where this is going, but I've been stitching into the background, trying to enhance the patterns which were inspired by the markings on the tree bark. I have also stitched into the 'ghost' tree shapes, but in white. My idea is to experiment further, with maybe leaves, moths, birds, and to echo their natural markings in the background.


A complete change here, a stuffed toy dog that I have made for one of my grandsons. He loves to tickle his nose with labels/tags that are attached to most items these days, so this little doggy has plenty to choose from. I even made my own pattern, so very original.


I hope he likes it!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic movement in the background of the trees piece and that dog is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggi, and now I've made a little book to tell the story of how he was made! Hope my grandson likes it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!