A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Ghost beds and the marks they've left behind.


I've added more stitch to the above which I showed in my previous post. For some reason, those marks made in the floor of the hospital waiting room are fascinating me. Obviously made by the metal legs on beds, (the waiting room was once a hospital ward), I've started to work on developing the marks for some future textile pieces.


I printed with some staples onto paper, but it is very similar to what I've already done.


Then I wondered about arranging the marks into blocks, in rows and on either side of the paper, to resemble how the beds were probably placed on the hospital ward. This is going to be an ongoing project I think, so I will post more about it as the ideas hopefully develop. I think some hand stitch as the darker autumn evenings unfold will be on the agenda!

Thanks for 'looking in'.








2 comments:

  1. Amazing where inspiration can com from. Loving this mark making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggi, I had another hospital appointment today, and decided to bite the bullet and takes some photos of the floor! Hopefully I didn't draw too much attention to myself, I tried to make it look as though I was just playing with my phone, as were quite a few others who were waiting too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!