A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Cards for Father's Day, and a totem tree!



The Corner Gallery asked me to make some Father's Day cards, the results are above. Hopefully they will fit the bill for any dads who enjoy sailing!



I just had to take the photos of the tree above whilst out walking with my grandson last week. It was a beautiful tree anyway, but apparently dangerous, so has to be taken down. It reminded me of a totem pole with a unique beauty of it's own. I expect even this will be gone when I next go walking there! Shame.




Just a small boast now. The two pieces above which I also had in an exhibition at The Corner Gallery have been sold! It's so thrilling when you find out that someone loves your work enough to purchase it!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sales, they are both stunning pieces. The cards will be great for Father's Day too. I love the tree. It doesn't look as though it belongs in England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, I know what you mean about the tree,I think it was a Scots Pine, but the really blue sky gives the whole picture a mediterranean feel doesn't it!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!