A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 1 March 2012

More, Mad March spots and spirals!

My JQ for March. Third month of shades of red, so this time I've gone back to my spots and spirals theme. I cut out the spirals and ovals and some flower motifs. These have been appliqued and free motion quilted onto the background, before finishing off with the spots in white, pink and metallic green. Just a lot of fun really! Hope you like it too.

4 comments:

  1. I like the way that the bright pink really makes it sing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with more spots and spirals - they're lovely. It's very 'indian' in its brightness and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies, I must confess, using shades of the same colour in a small quilt is something I would probably not have considered if it wasn't for the cqgb challenge. However, I really like the effect, and I agree Maggi that the pink really sings out against the other reds, and also that it does have a very 'Indian' quality Lyn. I wonder what the shades of yellow will be like? A difficult colour in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!