A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 31 January 2011

Wall Hanging, and my first 2011 Journal Quilt!


This is the Wall Hanging that I have made for my little grandson in New Zealand. I decided on this space age theme, because hopefully, one day, it really will be possible  for him to fly to the UK in a super fast jet, or rocket  plane to visit his nanny and grandad.....(If we are still around by then ofcourse!) It should be winging its way to him right now, so I hope it arrives all in one piece!


This year, my 2011 Journal quilts are going to be inspired by Tribal Art. The size is to be 10"x10", and there are also three more criteria. The first four are to contain a circle, and the second and third  four some text, and a button/s, but at the moment I can't remember in what order! (must check). Above is my first for this year, and is called 'snowdrop'. I hand printed the dots with acrylic paint, so plenty of circles, albeit small ones!! I also appliqued the snowdrops, and free machined the background patches, and flowers themselves.

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely Quilt, your Grandson will love it.

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hanging for your grandson. I like your inspiration for the JQs and you do have the themes in the right order. Still trying to decide whether to join in, procrastinating as usual!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!