A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 22 June 2010

                                                                          Two sample pieces that I've made and stuck into my sketch book. I seem to be wanting to use "green" at the moment, not just because I'm always attracted to this colour anyway, but because I'm working from photos of foliage that I took in New Zealand earlier this year. The second sample piece above is something that I'd particularly like to work on with those wonderful fern like leaf shapes, and sunlight creating shadows behind them.

2 comments:

  1. Love the greens in these Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work and I like the drawings from the allotment too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!