A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 17 May 2015

Second attempt!


Another attempt at a paper cloth concertina book, and as I said in my last post, I've made this one slightly larger (see comparison below), and I also stitched from the right side to hopefully achieve a clearer sketch.






I think the close-ups show that the stitching is clearer, although it was harder to see what I was doing with all the texture and colour on the surface.



Some shots of the reverse side, I often think that these look better, I wonder why? What do you think?





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cath! I actually like the coloured surface best, although Iknow what you mean. I enlarged the pictures to see all the detail... amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!