A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 11 March 2013

Flowers and Journals.


This is a mixed media piece that I've made for a 'Flower Exhibition' at The Corner Gallery at the end of March. Lots of art for sale there, by a wide selection of artists



Two more journals that I made for my sons. You can see an example of the insides below.


Below are the two journals that I made for my son's partners.



I used watered down acrylic paint on smooth lining paper for the pages inside their journals.


Finally, my journal quilt for March, and I'm still exploring the frosted seedheads idea. I've made a stylized version for this one, but somehow I don't think it has been as successful as the first two. Still, we can't win them all I suppose, and after all, the whole point of these tiny quiltlets is to experiment with new ideas and techniques.


Thanks for reading, and I hope that by the next time I add a post, it will feel as though Spring has finally sprung!! Keep snug until then.




2 comments:

  1. The mixed media vase and flowers is gorgeous,, as are the journals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journals and the flower piece.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!