A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 15 December 2012

Natures stitchery!





I think these photos that I took last week after a heavy frost speak for themselves! Mother nature can produce some wonderful results without resorting to needle and thread. However, these stunning plants and leaves look as though they have been stitched with the finest silk thread, just wonderful eh?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Cath. I just love what frost does to plants and leaves. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes wonder why I bother trying to be artistic when I see the things that Nature creates so effortlessly. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene and Maggi. I know exactly what you mean Maggi, we will never be a match for Mother Nature,but we just have to keep trying don't we?

      Delete
  3. Maggi has a good point - Mother Nature can make us all feel inadequate, artistically. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!