A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 2 December 2012

Mother and Child


Journal quilt for December. Self dyed cotton, couched black knitting wool, free machine quilted in black, blue and silver, some darker blue paint in the hair, and some blender Markal stick rubbed over the baby's face.

10 comments:

  1. i love it! it looks like Emily and Owen :) -amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies. Yes Rowan, I agree, it does look like Ems and Owen a bit, but it wasn't supposed to. I think It's the hair that does that. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely serene piece. Thank you for commenting on my blog. You are set to no reply though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, I'll go and change my settings!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!