A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 24 December 2012

Leaf printing and a little hand stitching.


I enjoyed a morning printing with white gesso and geranium leaves onto black fabric. This piece had a small tear in the middle, so I decided to cover it with a small fragment of discharged cotton. I stitched it down with white thread, and felt that as it reminded me of a tree trunk, I would continue to hand stitch some branches and twigs, and as far as I'm concerned, the leaf print isn't out of place with a tree either! I've been enjoying this simple hand stitch to embroider onto black cloth ever since the Kantha style embroidery I made for my book wrap at the beginning of November. It's lovely to do while watching TV, and small enough to carry around and do whenever I have a spare few minutes.

Tomorrow is Christmas eve, it has come round so quickly yet again, so I would like to take the opportunity to wish all of you who maybe reading this, a very Happy, and Peaceful Christmas and New Year for 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your stitching Cath,, and thanks for the comment on my blog. X

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!