A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 4 August 2012

Stitch Olympics!


 My hubby has been glued to the TV watching the Olympics, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't grow roots from his backside into the sofa!!! ha ha ha. Anyway, although I'm not really a very sporty person, I have to admit that I've been drawn into some of it, especially the cycling and some of the athletics. I find it difficult to just sit and do nothing, so I've been hand stitching these small pieces of rusted cotton fabric. This is probably no more than 4"x4", and again, it's put me in mind of the edge of the sea, with all that goes on there. Something about it put me in mind of a Marina, with boats moored in rows, and all the paraphernalia that goes with that! I'm calling it 'Marina'.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cath,
    a beautiful piece. What are you going to do with them? Are these for a wall hanging?
    So far I have not watch much from the Olympics. I watch some of the rowers(is thats how you call it) but only because one of them is from my hometown, and yeah they got a gold medal.
    hugs Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerstin, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I think I'm definitely going to make some more.

      Delete
  2. Lovely piece of work Cath and I can definitely see the marina connection. The only Olympics I have watched has been Jessica Ennis - wonderful performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, I'm really enjoying making these, and have some more fabric rusting away in the garden at the moment!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!