A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday, 2 July 2012

Playing and having fun.



Layered and collaged cover for my new ideas/sketch book/journal. It was started a few weeks ago with my Kairos friends, and I finished it off yesterday to cover my new book.




Above is the experimental piece I made on my return home on Saturday, (see previous post). Today I decided to chop it up a bit, and stitch into it. I had no ideas or plans as to what I was going to do, I just started stitching, and a garden theme seemed to take over. Below are three photos showing the end results which I have stuck into my new journal.






I also played around with another collaged experiment, and divided it up into smaller areas that I thought had potential for another day. See below.




The last two images are the results of some fruit and veg prints I made onto scrap cloth, ready to use on other projects.





I'm enjoying a break from my more considered and careful work, but hopefully this playful experimentation may spark off some fresh ideas, and a new path to explore on my creative journey. Fingers crossed anyway!