A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 2 July 2012

Playing and having fun.



Layered and collaged cover for my new ideas/sketch book/journal. It was started a few weeks ago with my Kairos friends, and I finished it off yesterday to cover my new book.




Above is the experimental piece I made on my return home on Saturday, (see previous post). Today I decided to chop it up a bit, and stitch into it. I had no ideas or plans as to what I was going to do, I just started stitching, and a garden theme seemed to take over. Below are three photos showing the end results which I have stuck into my new journal.






I also played around with another collaged experiment, and divided it up into smaller areas that I thought had potential for another day. See below.




The last two images are the results of some fruit and veg prints I made onto scrap cloth, ready to use on other projects.





I'm enjoying a break from my more considered and careful work, but hopefully this playful experimentation may spark off some fresh ideas, and a new path to explore on my creative journey. Fingers crossed anyway! 

5 comments:

  1. looks like the ideas are flowing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover. You will certainly have plenty of inspiration to work from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, and yes, it's the inspiration that I've been needing, so hopefully some positive results to look forward to!

      Delete
  3. i think you can uncross your fingers and carry on working...think you are definetly on the right track with what you are doing. All looks great. you have certainly given me some ideas to think aboutxxlyndaxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda, I've been inspired, so it's even better if this post has also been an inspiration to you, and hopefully others too!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!