A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Snowdrops, teazles and a robin.


In my previous post I showed a piece of fabric that I had prepared by spraying silk paint over some stencils, followed with some printing using white acrylic paint. I continued to work on this piece by 'sketching' with my sewing machine, using my favoured method of free motion stitching, and added the snowdrops, teazles, a robin and the holly, ivy and mistleto. I used some colour on the teazles, robin and snowdrops, but didn't feel it was necessary to add more colour, especially as the background colour is quite strong, with some interesting detail. The snowdrops  in the forground also benefit from some handstitch. I have a feeling that this textile piece may well be printed to produce this year's Christmas cards. Nothing like preparing early for Christmas eh?


4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cath and will certainly make a wonderful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loike this ...esp the robin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ladies, I'm really enjoying this new Year series!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!