A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

JQ for January, 'Will it snow?'


January's JQ is the last of the year's twelve. We started them in February 2011, so this, and not Decembers is the final one of this series. It is also the fourth one that had to incorporate a button. I used the piec of cloth shown in my last post that I created after the workshop video. I continued by free machining leaves, snowdrops, snowflakes and a robin. I also added some hand stitch, and finally the snowflake button. I will now be looking forward to seeing what the themes, if any, and the size requirements for 2012 are going to be.


I have also created another piece of cloth with the stencilled background, silk paint, acrylic paint and fabric crayons. Watch this space to see what I do with this piece!

5 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with the cloth Cath, and another lovely piece to play with too. You have inspired me to sign up for the Strathmore class. Might even consider the CQ 2012 challenge too. Amazing how retirement can inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a wonderful complement Maggi, it's just great to think I've inspired your creative juices, and I shall look forward to seeing your JQ's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is so lovely Cath - very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and a bit magical.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!