A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 19 December 2011

Getting out the paintbox!

 I like to make a small textile or watercolour with the name of the new babies when they arrive in our family. The one above is for our newest addition, a grandson. His Mum and Dad both enjoy taking part in triathalon, so I decided a watery theme was called for.

I haven't done much in the way of textile work this month, the run up to Christmas is always so time consuming, but I shall be looking forward to getting back to my beloved sewing machine early in the New Year. I still have Decembers JQ to make, and then the last one of the series in January. I think I've more or less worked out what I'm going to do, but it will now be 2012 before they are made!

As we are looking at watercolour for this post, I thought I would include a painting I made of our cat Elsa a couple of years ago.

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas, and a Peaceful New Year.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift for a new baby, and what an unusual name. Love the cat too.

    Enjoy your Christmas
    Maggi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good idea for a new addition,, and I love the painting of your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea for a new baby. Like the cat portrait too. Would love to see more watercolours from you.
    Hope you have had a good Christmas and wishing you Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!