A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Blustery March Winds. JQ for March

This is my JQ for March, again inspired by aboriginal art. I used silk paint on white cotton for the sky, hand dyed fabric for the sun, distressed lutradur for the clouds, free machine stitching, hand stitch and acrylic paint.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! It's so full of light and life and I can almost feel the wind blowing. (Fellow CQer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath, What a great journal quilt and a welcome sighting of spring. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great JQ and the use of the lutrador is really effective.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!