A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 11 May 2010

The Hundertwasser Toilets in Kawakawa New Zealand.



During my recent trip to New Zealand, I visited the Hundertwasser Toilets in Kawakawa. What a fabulous place to spend the time answering the call of nature, I couldn't resist taking lots of photos, and spent far more time in this public loo than I would normally!!

My next four Journal Quilts for the Contemporary Quilters Guild will be inspired by the interior of these loos, the first one for May can be seen above.

1 comment:

  1. These are such fantastic toilets. I remember Billy Connolly showing them on his World Tour of New Zealand show.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!