A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 4 March 2018

Finishing off before a relaxing play around.


Finished at last! You may remember my processes from my weekly sketchbook class, but if  not you can refresh your memory here. Anyway, there's nothing like an exhibition to prepare for, to nudge one into getting stuff finally done! This is quite small, and if I feel inclined later in the year, I may decide to make an even larger piece, probably with a few adjustments. 


It's been a busy week getting everything organised for the Gokotta exhibition, but in a funny sort of way, the bitterly cold and snowy weather has been to my advantage. Too cold and slippery to venture out, I've had a good few days to get things ready.


Finally, time to relax a bit and have a play. For those of you who subscribe to the Kemshall's DMTV, you may have seen last weeks video, where Laura demonstrated the technique for the hand paintings. Well, I decided to continue with a bird theme and have a go. I like this technique, but need to experiment a bit more before I'm completely satisfied with my efforts. Nice idea for some postcards though.


Hopefully my next post will have some photos of our KAIROS Gokotta exhibition, and fingers crossed that the weather will continue to improve. Eastbourne seems to have got off very lightly compared to the rest of the country, so do come along if you're not too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!