A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 18 June 2017

More art class results.



This week we were given a very colourful still life to explore with our watercolours, and a very large sheet of paper to work on. It was easier to stand for this one, something I don't usually do, (too lazy), but it was surprising how it really helped when working large.



I didn't get to finish it, so worked on it a bit more from home. I had taken the photos you see above as a reference. I decided to have another go on a much smaller scale, re-arranging just a few of the elements that I particularly liked. There was something about the large blue jug that attracted my eye, plus the contrasts in the fabrics colourful stripes, and the flowery scarf.


A couple of sketches where I was trying out the new composition.


A much smaller piece, and I've also changed the colours in the scarf.


Another sketch, this time using a paintbrush and paint, instead of a pen/pencil.


I've stopped here, I think I preferred it before painting the jug!



I have also been playing around with one of the experimental landscapes from my other (Wednesday) class, I won't be doing anymore to this one either, but I do feel that I'm learning more each time I put paint to paper.


Finally, the view from my spare room window where I do my artwork, and I think summer may have arrived at last. Gorgeous blue skies, and wall to wall sunshine, long may it last!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!