During our art classes, we are continuing to have fun 'playing' with a combination of items that most folk wouldn't associate with watercolour painting. Above is the result I achieved by painting watercolour onto wet paper, and using granulation fluid and salt to encourage the paint to do strange things!
I could see trees in the finished result when dry, so pulled them out by using some inktense pencils, and a little extra paint in places.
I took some photos, and then printed one onto some cotton fabric, which enabled me to stitch into it. The colours were more subtle, but it was an interesting exercise.
I also printed the same photo onto a sheet of Tyvek, and then added heat by hovering an iron over the surface. The result is above, and reminds me of pebbles. I obviously 'hovered' for a second or two longer than I should on the right hand side, and as you can see, a few holes appeared!
We have also been using clingfilm on the surface of the paper while the paint is still wet. It has to be left until the paint is dry, but gives some really fascinating patterns and textures as you can see in the above example. I could see foliage and flower shapes, so gave it a bit more help by adding a few details.
in the example above and below, I have cut up some of the papers when dry, and collaged them, giving an abstract image.
Not sure what I will do with the example above, but as you can see, the clingfilm has given some very interesting results. We have been following some ideas from a book by Ann Blockley called Experimental Landscapes in watercolour. There are some wonderful images in her book, but I have a very long way to go to get anywhere near producing work like that, if ever!!
Finally, I took this photo of part of a wall on Pevensey Castle. There is something about the combination of shapes and colours that attracted my eye! Maybe inspiration for another piece of stitched artwork!
Thanks for dropping by.