A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Still Experimenting!




I've not been to the Grand Canyon, but the above was an exercise in my Wednesday morning art class, where we used thick, mouldable medium to create some of the striped and weathered rocks found in Arizona. Obviously we had some photographic images to work from. I may try to create an abstracted image in fabric, using paint and stitch.


I am also experimenting with acrylic paint on mountboard, using layers of thin paint, and rollering, scratching into, and printing with foam stamps.


Some results from my Tuesday art class above and below. I used some card that I had painted, and rollered etc., and then continued to print with some of my hand made foam stamps before cutting up into regular strips. We were still using the art of Rosalie Gascoigne as inspiration. After re-arranging the strips, I used my mussel foam stamp again. The colours below are better than above, and represent more accurately the finished results, so I'm not sure why the image above is so blue!




Finally, my two latest photographs for my Kairos challenge. I have printed each one twice, and this time, I have painted over the top, to see what sort of results I could achieve. All very experimental stuff and I am really enjoying playing with these images in as many different ways that I can think of.


Lovely spring weather at the moment here in East Sussex, but I think it's all about to change. If you are in the Northern hemisphere, I hope that Spring is springing up for you too, and for those of you in the Southern half of our planet, I wish you a mild, calm and colourful Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!