A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 19 February 2017

Beach Inspired - Work in Progress



My own hand made paper cloth, painted with many layers, stamped with my hand made stamps, free machine stitched and further colour added. I will be adding some hand stitch, and further highlights, before making the above strip into a concertina book. Below is an image of the last part that is still in need of the extra colour, but hopefully I will finish that off this week. This has all been inspired by pebbles, seaweed, feathers and shells, I wonder why?



Continuing with the photograph a week challenge, above and below are my latest two contributions. The first is a section of the pier structure from underneath. I played around with the image in Photoshop, and then decided to add the stitch straight onto the photo. Below is last weeks image, I liked the bright blue of the fishing rope against the orangey brown and cream coloured pebbles. It reminded me of an exotic sea creature. Anyway, I also did a bit of manipulation in Photoshop, and after printing the image, I added some stitch to that one too.


So much inspiration from the beach environment, I hardly know where to start! Thanks for your company, and join me again soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!