A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 16 May 2016

Inspiration taking a rather long break!


What do you do when inspiration decides to take a long break? There's a struggle going on for enthusiasm to bubble up from the depths too, but I did manage to put together this last week. Quite honestly, I don't even know where to start at the moment, so I just dug around in my box of  painted and gelli printed scraps, cut or tore them up a bit more, and layered and stitched them down onto some backing felt. It looked a bit like weedy undergrowth, so I added the insects as well as the snail and butterflies. Oh well, better than nothing I suppose, but I will feel happier when things perk up a bit, and ideas start to flow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!