A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 11 October 2015

Blossom, Berries, Trees and Leaves!


I spotted this blossom while out on a walk this morning! I think it's a blackberry, but surely it's the wrong time of year?


Then, these beautiful white berries a few bushes away, we always called them 'snowberries'.


Above, my finished piece that started as a monoprint, and then finished off with paint and stitch. Below is the photo I took recently that inspired it.


I decided to have a play with my felting machine, the result is below.

And finally, I couldn't resist making something to capture the beauty of all the gorgeous Autumn leaves that are floating down at the moment,


 I think our summer is finally over, but Autumn does have a beauty of it's own, so thanks for joining me yet again.







2 comments:

  1. Wow ! Fabulous work this week! I love your reflected trees piece and the photo that inspired it. Yes I think it is rather late for brambles but the summer was a bit unsummery so maybe they are confused :) I am very jealous you have a felting machine.. I love what you have done with those trees! I always enjoy visiting as there is always so much inspiration. Thank you Cath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Morag!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!