Another attempt to make an intaglio print from a mount board printing plate. I tried a few months ago, but wasn't particularly happy with the results, so decided to have another go today. If you look at the print below, it will give you an idea of how this one looked to begin with. However, I decided that this time, I would do a 'touching up' job, using the same printing ink, and I'm quite pleased with the result. I suppose that strictly speaking it isn't a 100% print anymore, but hey, artistic licence and all that, only thing is, I'm not quite sure how best to describe it! Maybe something like 'Embellished Print, or 'Hand finished Print' Any other suggestions would be gratefully received!
Above is the mount board plate, ready for inking up. Maybe I need to dig a little deeper into the card to make a deeper well for the ink. Oh well, I'm not going to give up this time, I'll be trying again very soon.