A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 13 December 2014

Last of the birds.....for now at least!!


My last journal quilt of 2014, and my last crow too. He, or is it a she? (I'm afraid I don't know the difference as they don't appear to have a plumage difference like some birds.) is sitting on a branch, and looking over his/her shoulder at ? Again, we'll never know!


This is just a small 5" x 5" piece, yes I know, another crow, but I do love these birds, and as a contrast, a seasonal robin below, also sitting on a frosty branch. Lots of thread painting on this one, I placed a cut-out robin from a collagraph print that I made, placed it on one of my gelli prints, photographed the arrangement, printed it onto some canvas and then stitched.


My 9 year old grandaughter decided that she wanted to make robin Christmas cards for her friends, so produced the image below on my tablet with an arty app, and then printed them off. I think it's just gorgeous, and I'm sure her friends will all be very impressed. Next year, I will encourage her to print on fabric and do some stitching. We must follow on the family tradition!



Finally, a small wall hanging for our youngest grandson, an extra present to be delivered by santa. It is our solar system, because he has a fascination with the moon, so why not introduce him to all the other wonders in our night skies out there.


This will probably be my last post this year, so I would like to take the opportunity to wish you all a very happy Christmas, and a peaceful, healthy and happy New Year, and a very BIG thank you for taking the time to tune in and read my blog. 

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic birds whichever sex they be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I must find out now how to tell the difference!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant birds,,, like the sparkly blue on the wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caz, I'm finding that glitter glue has it's uses after all, and doesn't make a mess either.

      Delete
  3. A fine murder of crows you have now. Love the robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maggi, is that the 'collective' word for a bunch of crows? If it is, I've learnt something else that's new to me today!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!