A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 3 November 2014

Birds and Books!




My journal quilt for November is called 'Crow in a meadow'.  Same techniques as the previous two for September and October. I've really enjoyed doing these crows, so much so that I decided to make a concertina book which you can see below.



There are five prints of my mixed media crows, folded into the 100% rag paper cover which you see above. I have printed an image from my sketch book for the cover, and secured it with a black satin ribbon



I enjoyed making the crow book so much, I decided to make a few more!
This next one (above) contains butterfly images....



This one is all about robins, very seasonal of course,




...and this final one is a reproduction of some of the art I have made depicting the old boats on the beach at Dungeness.

All of these are listed in my etsy shop here

I hope you like what you see. I've certainly enjoyed making them, and thanks so much for reading!
See you next time.

  





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Cas, I've really enjoyed making them!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Caz, I think I make a flower one up too.

      Delete
  3. A lovely way to present your work. No wonder you were on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, they're fun to make, once I'd worked out the measurements for the printer!!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!