Below is the fish I printed from my gelli plate onto some cotton fabric, and above is how it looks now, after stitching into it. The colours have changed, mainly because of the threads I have used, but I think it is more defined with the stitching.
These are a mixture of leaves and grasses, the little butterflies on the one above were printed from a stencil.
I experimented more by overprinting with a lighter paint, and I like the effect this has given.
Some of them are quite subtle, but I'm still playing really, and my next plan is to start printing more on fabric, ready for stitch. These have all been printed onto photocopy paper, so apart from maybe using them in collage work, there isn't really anything else I could do with them.
I have taken photos of all of these, they need to be cropped, and then I could always print my favourites onto canvas, which would give me the opportunity to embellish with stitching, which is what I did with the seahorse in my previous post.
That's it for now, we've been away, and I have been busy most days sketching and trying to capture the sunrise over the sea in watercolour. Hopefully all fodder for future work with my textiles. You can read all about that on my Facebook page, Cath Stonard Textile Art.
Thanks for reading, and see you again soon!