A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Monday 8 September 2014

Felted and Free.


Small felted panel that I started on Saturday at a felting workshop with Angela Dewar. I have included three close-up sections below. I have really enjoyed playing around with this since I got home, adding bits of fabric, knitting wool and machine stitch. I decided to just be very free with it, and to allow my imagination to go a bit more wild!




A total contrast below! My journal quilt for September, and my next three will also be crows. Paper lamination, applique, paint and lots of stitch.


Hope you are enjoying this late summer sun, it's the perfect temperature for me now, so long may it last! Bye for now.



2 comments:

  1. Your felting is gorgeous. Are you going to add hand stitch to it as well? Another handsome crow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've left much space for anymore stitching Maggi, but as with most of my stuff, once I give it another look over after not seeing it for a week or two, I may decide it's just what it needs! I often put photos of my work on here, and then after some time has elapsed, change it! I'm too impatient to wait.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!