A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 1 February 2014

February JQ


I can't believe it's a month since my last post. I've not had the time to indulge myself with my art for the last few weeks, but I have a very happy reason for this. Our daughter is coming back from New Zealand in April with her partner and son, and they are getting married at the beginning of May! This was only decided very recently, so it's been 'all go', trying to organise and co-ordinate dates for the ceremony and reception venue. I have also been designing and making the invites, bunting is also now on the agenda, and I think I may be making one of the bridesmaids dresses too, just for good measure!! Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention that we've also been busy decorating our front room, which is still ongoing. In fact, the more I think about it, it's a miracle that I've actually managed to get my February JQ finished at the beginning of the month! Maybe I need to get the March and April ones made sooner rather than later. This month I decided to use of one of the photographs I took of the two bikes parked in the kitchen where my grandson's Mum and Dad live. They are constantly in training for Triathalon, and every week, they catch my eye with their many different shapes created by the frames, wheels, spokes etc. I cropped one of them, manipulated it in photoshop, printed it onto canvas, free machine quilted most of it, added some acrylic paint, and finally free machine couched some red cotton knitting wool to outline the frame.

I hope you are keeping dry and safe during this relentlessly wet weather here in the UK, and wherever in the world you are, I hope you are enjoying your creativity.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful news for you Cath. Are they coming back for good or just for the wedding?

    Lovely JQ, you really are on the ball with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, I've enjoyed making these first two of the year. Our daughter is just coming back to get married, but will continue to live in New Zealand. I don't blame her, it's just so lovely up there in Whangarei, and at least it gives us the opportunity for some exotic holidays!

      Delete
  2. mum i also can not believe you have managed this......you have been very creatively busy in so many different ways!! wow!!!!! i love this JQ - its just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!