A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Friday 2 November 2012

Winter Wonderland!


My Journal quilt for November. I decided to call it Winter Wonderland, because that's what it reminds me of. I gathered together as many scraps of blue fabric that I could find, and just overlapped them into a pleasing arrangement. As it went along, it started to remind me of a winter garden/landscape, so I added some patches of snowflakes, and quilted with some silver thread to give it a cold frosty feel.

I hope we don't get too much frost or snow just yet though, because I'm driving to Potters Barn in Betchworth every day next week to take part in Dorothy Caldwells 'Human Marks' workshop. I'm really looking forward to it, and will be posting about it, I'm sure, the week after. Watch this space folks!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Cath. It really does have a very icy look to it. Enjoy your workshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, really looking forward to monday!

      Delete
  2. That is so gorgeous Cath. Really does have the look of winter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrrrrr.......... reaches for hot mug of cocoa
    Looking forward to hearing about your course.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!