A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 31 May 2012

A Jubilee June Journal Quilt!


This is my journal quilt for June, and I've called it 'Late Tulips'. We had that very warm weather in March, but April and May were so cold and wet, some of our garden plants seem to be later than usual. Our azalias and rhododendrons are only just beginning to flower. I coloured the cotton fabric with silk paint, outlined the tulips with couched down black knitting wool, free machine quilted the flower and leaf shapes, echo quilted the background and then finally added some extra colour with textile crayons.




I took the above photo of the Thames earlier in the year, but with the Jubilee River Pageant coming up this Sunday, I'm sure that London is going to be much filmed over the next few days. I've managed to get tickets for Battersea Park, and am hoping to get a glimpse of some of the flottilla as it sails down to Tower Bridge. The weather forecast looks dire though, so it may be a rather wet occasion for Her Majesty and the spectators! Such a shame  considering the glorious sunshine of the last week or so.

Thanks for reading, and wishing everyone a Happy Jubilee weekend!

3 comments:

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!