A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 23 February 2012

Spots and Spirals or, A Walk through a Tropical Garden

Spots and Spirals seem to be bursting from my brain, into my right arm, through my hand and down onto whatever cloth I'm working on! It's happened before, (some examples further down), and is happening again! I've decided not to fight it, and my JQ for March has been afflicted with a dose of the same, so watch this space!

Not sure if the composition of the whole piece works, so I've been cropping in photoshop to see if I can find a more balanced view.

I think it's going to be a case of putting it to one side for a week or two, then looking at it with a fresh eye, but I'm going to call it  'A Walk through a Tropical Garden'.

The piece above is another Spots and Spirals that I made a few months ago. It sold in a local gallery just after Christmas.

This last photograph shows my first Spots and Spirals. It was also sold a couple of years ago in the same local gallery.

3 comments:

  1. It obviously works for you and is very effective so, why not. I like the 3rd photo down, there is a good balance with the orange circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Thanks Maggi, I'll take another look at that, then I won't for a week or so, then see what I think with a fresh eye!

      Delete
  2. Just love the colours,fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!